A one day ‘virtual’ workshop designed by negotiation expert and Grocer magazine columnist David Sables of Sentinel Management Consultants.
We know that commercial managers are often not as comfortable as they should be with how their retail buyer’s performances are measured.
Consequently, this can impact their ability to sell and negotiate effectively with their customers.
Sentinel’s Understanding Retail Finance™ one day workshop addresses this.
It has been designed to enable non-financially trained commercial managers to understand the financial dynamics of the buying and selling process, establishing a methodology for differentiating between tactical abuse and commercial reality and then embed a detailed focus on dexterity and confidence with financial terms and numbers.
The Workshop equips delegates to understand the financial measures and KPI’s your customers use, enabling you to deliver better commercially motivating arguments.
The Workshop Summary
- One day ‘Virtual’ facilitated workshop.
- Trained at a Foundation/Intermediate level
- Delivered by ex-senior buyers using dynamic techniques.
- A focus on internal and external margin dynamics plus detailed analysis of the concept of mix effect and cannibalisation
Our full Day Workshop delivers the following:
- A thorough understanding of your internal and external financial dynamics of your customers.
- The confidence to be flexible and agile with numbers when in front of your tactically trained customers.
- Understanding of promotional funding and how to avoid the pitfalls.
- The ability to understand & produce sound financial analyses of your customers business performance utilising their financial terms to create better, more persuasive selling stories.
- The workshops will be interactive and involve lots of practice in a safe environment.