We know that sales managers and indeed other commercial functions are often not as comfortable as they should be with how customers/clients and buyers performance is measured. Sentinel’s Financial Edge™ workshop addresses this. There is only a superficial understanding of costs/margins versus perceived values in trading combined with an inability to convert financial skills into relevant actions. Additionally many sales facing commercial managers lack the confidence and tools to effectively optimise and articulate commercial value for their customers.
As a consequence, they struggle to be able to sell and negotiate effectively with their customers or clients.
Sentinel’s Financial Edge™ is a course that has been designed to enable non-financial commercial managers to understand the financial dynamics of the buying and selling process, establishing a methodology for differentiating between tactical abuse and financial reality and then embed a detailed focus on dexterity and confidence with financial terms and numbers.
Financial Edge™ equips delegates to understand the financial measures and KPI’s your customers/clients use, enabling you to deliver better commercially motivating arguments.
The Course Summary
- 2 Days Sentinel Financial Edge™ Workshop
- Trained at an advanced level (established commercial managers)
- Trained by ex-senior buyers and Commercial Finance Directors using dynamic techniques and intensive trainer to delegate ratio for maximum impact
- A focus on internal and external margin dynamics plus detailed analysis of the concept of mix effect and cannibalisation
- Delivered by innovative use of role plays and live business simulations together with individual coaching and feedback
- Individual and Corporate Feedback reports to allow post workshop focus
- A thorough knowledge of your internal business financial dynamics and the external financial dynamics of your customers
- The confidence to be flexible and agile with numbers when in front of your tactically trained customers/clients
- The ability to benchmark your team’s level of financial capability and understanding
- The ability to understand & produce sound financial analyses of your customers/clients business performance utilising their financial terms to create better, more persuasive selling stories
This workshop is also an additional module of the Sentinel Total Commercial Call™ Programme that combines Specific Proposal Selling™ with our Negotiation course, Situational Negotiation™ to create a total commercial system.